Orchids Paper supplies an array of consumer paper products to customers throughout the nation from our facilities in Oklahoma and South Carolina and through our partnership with Fabrica de Papel San Francisco in Mexico.
We manufacture parent rolls in our paper mill, which can produce 74,000 tons of paper per year. Parent rolls are converted into finished tissue products at our converting facilities, which contain 14 lines of converting equipment.
In 2014, we completed a transaction with Fabrica de Papel San Francisco, S.A. de C.V., which provides the option to purchase up to 19,800 tons of converted product or parent rolls each year.
In order to meet our customers’ demands and our “on time, every time” promise of service, our doors are open and paper is “rolling” in our paper mill and converting plants 24 hours a day, 7 days a week (except for three days of planned maintenance in the paper mill). Our paper mill meets the demands of our converting plants through a combination of the production capabilities of three paper machines, one of which was commissioned in March 2015.
Our converting facilities operate 14 converting lines with a capacity of approximately 114,500 tons per year.
Our manufacturing process begins at the paper mill. Our paper production is achieved with one machine that was commissioned in June 2006, one that was comissioned in March 2015, and one older machine.
Our machines are housed in adjacent buildings totaling 162,000 square feet.
The paper we produce is made primarily from recycled, pre-consumer fiber. This fiber is primarily solid bleached sulfate paper, or “SBS” paper. We also use virgin kraft fiber.
The total capacity of our paper machines is approximately 74,000 tons per year.
Capacity Fact Sheet
- Our mill operates 362 days per year, 24 hours per day.
- Our facility is a combined 162,000 square feet, comprised of 27,000 square feet in our new facility and 135,000 square feet in our older facility.
- We currently have three paper machines.
- The capacity of our paper machines is approximately 74,000 tons per year.
Orchids Paper’s 300,000-square-foot converting facility in Oklahoma has 12 lines used to turn parent rolls from the paper mill into paper towels, bathroom tissue, and napkins.
Orchids Paper’s 300,000-square-foot converting facility in South Carolina has two converting lines.
Products are embossed, laminated, perforated, pressed into multi-ply products, printed with designs, cut into rolls or stacks, wrapped in poly film, and boxed for shipping. A 245,000-square-foot warehouse constructed in 2010 in Oklahoma anchors the converting area, enabling Orchids to easily accommodate and organize large orders of paper products for shipping.
We have the capacity to convert approximately 114,500 tons of finished product per year.
In June 2014, we completed a transaction with Fabrica de Papel San Francisco, S.A. de C.V., that provides Orchids the option to purchase up to 19,800 tons of converted product or paper rolls each year from Fabrica’s facility in Mexicali, Mexico.
Capacity Fact Sheet
- Our converting facilities can produce approximately 114,500 tons of retail tissue products annually.
- Fourteen production lines enhance capacity and maximize efficiency.
- Our flexibile manufacturing abilities allow production of a variety of package sizes and formats. Retail customers can then offer various price categories to shoppers for paper towels, bathroom tissue, and napkins.
- In June 2014, we completed a transaction with Fabrica de Papel San Francisco, S.A. de C.V., that provides the option to purchase up to 19,800 tons of converted products or paper rolls each year from Fabrica’s facilities in Mexicali, Mexico.